DATA PROTECTION, PRIVACY AND COOKIES
- LITTLE CHAMPION READER AND KIDDIE KATCHWORDS INC. are not in the business of selling information to other web sites or vendors though. Under no circumstances will Little Champion Reader and Kiddie Katchwords Inc. provide any Subscriber information to third parties; rather, we will offer these services or product through our internal marketing with all the necessary precautions. We will notify you of new products once they become available. We will not share or sell this information to anyone. All of your personal account information (name, address, phone number and credit card information) is used as a way to verify your credit card and is protected and encrypted through the use of SSL (Secure Server Software). We will not share or sell this information to anyone other than our secure credit card processor. We do not knowingly correspond with persons under the age of 13 year.You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We uses different types of cookies (which are electronic collections of information stored on a local computer that are used by websites to keep track of visitors and registered users and to relate one computer transaction to a later one) and other methods of uniquely tracking visitors for different purposes. For example, some cookies are “required cookies” which are necessary for our store to work.
- Cookies for Subscriber Account Management – Little Champion Reader and Kiddie Katchwords Inc. Subscribers, we use “functional cookies” to store user names for added convenience. For example the cookie would contain a piece of identifying information such as a customer ID, username, or session ID that would be used to look up the customer ID.
- Cookies to Improve our Web App – Little Champion Reader and Kiddie Katchwords Inc. USES “PERFORMANCE COOKIES” to inform us of a repeat visit. However, these cookies do not tell us who a visitor is, the visitor’s name, email or password.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
DO WE USE “COOKIES”?
DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Little Champion Reader. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production. To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.